Recruitment Advisor – Emerging Talent Programmes
We’re looking for a Recruitment Programmes Advisor to manage the delivery of the emerging talent recruitment programmes that support Penguin Random House UK’s goals to inspire, find, and hire the best and most representative talent: such as The Scheme, internships, and the Next Editors Programme.
You don’t need to have stepped foot in a publisher’s before to work with us, we’re interested in bringing in new perspectives and challenging our thinking and ways of doing things.
About the role
One of our core goals for our inclusion strategy is to achieve representation in all teams at all levels. Which means that who and how we hire is fundamental to ensuring our workforce is representative of society. Your impact will be integral to building and attracting a pipeline of top emerging talent and ensuring that candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds are represented and experience a fair and inclusive hiring process.
- Managing the end-to-end recruitment process for our existing suite of emerging talent programmes – including The Scheme, Next Editors, and Internships, from organisation to assessment & execution
- Partnering with key stakeholders throughout the business, ensuring the buy in for the programme and selection process. Working closely with the Employer Brand specialist to design recruitment campaign for programmes.
- Working closely with the Talent Development team to creating engaging first impressions and seamless recruitment & onboarding experiences for managers and candidates
- Managing proactive recruitment campaigns for the programmes, working in partnership with the wider recruitment team to ensure alignment and connection
- Managing full screening and shortlisting processes
- Organising and facilitating candidate interview/assessment centre processes and feedback at each stage
- Managing the offer process and ensure a smooth transition from recruitment to new starter process
- Working in partnership to deliver our outreach work – from JobHack to get into publishing week, engaging with the Employer Brand Specialist to build the campaign, and run relevant events.
What you’ll bring
Coming from either an Early Careers recruitment (agency or in-house) or Training Provider background, you’ll naturally enjoy delivering volume end to end recruitment processes. You will offer advice and guidance to stakeholders at all levels across our organisation and provide an engaging candidate experience for our candidates.
- Previous experience of managing recruitment processes of early careers projects/ recruitment programmes.
- Project management and planning, including scheduling and organising events – such as selection days.
- Understanding of recruitment processes, recruitment funnel and day-to-day workings of a recruitment team.
- Strong communication and influencing skills – both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of, and an active interest in diversity and inclusion.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be right at the heart of our work to find and hire the best, most representative talent – this is a role with impact that will set you up for success as you further your career in Recruitment, HR or wherever your plans take you.
To apply, please share in your covering letter why this role appeals and why you’d make a great match by midnight on the 14th August.
Salary: A range of between £30,000 – £34,000 is available depending on how your skills and experience align to the role, plus bonus and benefits.
We’re currently experimenting with hybrid working and involving colleagues across the business to shape our future ways of working. The needs of our teams and individuals are different, so we’re not taking a one-size-fits-all approach. While our offices are places to connect, collaborate and celebrate with colleagues, we recognise that flexibility about where you work is just as important for doing your best work and for your wellbeing.
For this role, there are meetings and activities that you will need to attend in person (mainly at our offices in Nine Elms & Pimlico). The exact balance of office to remote working will depend on the nature of your role and team needs, and we are open to discussing this through the recruitment process.
What you can expect from us:Our employees are the heart of our business. We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, some of which are:• 27days paid holiday entitlement in year one (plus bank holidays), increasing a day each year up to 30 days• Medical cover• Life assurance• Cycle to Work scheme• Discounted gym membership• Generous pension scheme• Summer working hours (role dependent)• Volunteering policy and charity matching• Employee Assistance programme• Mentoring programme• Extended gender neutral parental leave• Access to books and eBooks across Penguin Random House UK• Each site has trained mental health first aiders• We plant a tree for every new employee to our business
Our creativity is inspired by different perspectives, so we want our culture to be one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated.
As aDisability Confident Committed organisation, we’re part of the offer an interview scheme. This is where disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role can opt in to get to the next recruitment stage. There may be some situations where volume of applicants means we can’t take all eligible candidates to interview.
We want to make sure disabled applicants can be their best at each step of the recruitment journey. If you need adjustments during the application process, we encourage you to get in touch with us at http://[email protected].
Remember, you only need to share what you are comfortable to for us to support your adjustment request. Find out more about our approach here: www.penguinrandomhousecareers.co.uk/applying-for-roles-with-a-disability
We partner with The Book Trade Charity, who provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org/Please note, we are not able to accept agency CVs for this role. Any CVs sent speculatively will not be eligible for a fee.
Postal Code:SW1V 2SA